July seems to of flown by in the blink of an eye and we have had an eventful month. The weather has been mixed which at times has been testing seeing extreme temperatures to torrential rain.
Recruitment & Training:
Our company is expanding! The recruitment campaign we’re running is still going strong as we are growing our team and looking to fill several roles at all levels. We’re currently seeking experienced and hardworking individuals to help build and strengthen our teams. We’re looking for anyone who fits the criteria and wants to work for a forward-thinking, dynamic business.
Interested in working for us? Know someone who would be a good fit? Head to our website and check out the Careers section for more information and get in touch today. We are looking forward to hearing from you!
As a company, one of our core values is to invest and develop our staff’s skills, and we’ve continued to do so this past month. Our newest team members successfully passed their ROLO training and CSCS card test, meaning they are now able to join in and actively work on our projects. Congratulations to them!
We’ve also added dumper training to our list of training programs we offer for staff and had two successful participants already. A big congratulations to them as well, as their team can now work on any projects that require digger and dumper work.
- A new client joins our ever expanding list and we are pleased to be working with Duchy Homes new Midlands regional office on their stunning site set overlooking the River Avon in Welford upon Avon. We will be starting at the beginning of August the construction of the Show Home and the landscaping to the entrance prior to commencing the site landscaping in the near future
- After many consultation meetings with the Sales department of L&Q we have been awarded the landscaping package for their first site outside of London for their newly setup Counties region. Their first site called Birnam Mews in the desirable village setting of Tiddington on the outskirts of Stratford upon Avon are set to open their Marketing Suite at the end of August and we will be implementing the landscaping to their stunning Pod that had been purpose built for their early sales opportunities prior to the Show Home been available. We cannot wait to get started on this exiting project.
- It has been a busy month for Play Areas as well. We have completed the installation of two this month. One for Hayfield Homes at their Great Bourton site, Hayfield Views which included a Rubber surface and the other for Bellway Homes. Both were of different design principles and showcase how we work with our clients to deliver a first class service and project
- We have one project we have enjoyed working on come to an end at a Care Home for Black Country Housing Group in Kingswinford. The last element was to turf a 2,500m2 area which, during the construction of the Care Home was left unattended so we had to first tackle the ‘jungle’ by clearing weeds up to 1.8m high in areas and apply a systemic weed killer before allowing us to cultivate the soil ready for turfing. A great effort by the team ensured we completed the turfing within 7 days of starting and sure you will agree looks fantastic now it is completed
- One of our suppliers asked if they could write an article on a project we completed in 2018 which has now been published as they supplied the Wild Flower turf for the project. The project involved the soil cultivation of circa 2300m2 and laying 1000m2 of Wild Flower Turf and 1300m2 of Amenity turf. The area can an attenuation pond which had previously been seeded and not created the desired effect of giving the residents an immediate and aesthetically pleasing area to overlook and enjoy.
For the full article please click here
- Something a little different was started this month for McCarthy & Stone where were asked to install a communal Bin Store. This included digging out for the installation of a concrete pad prior to us constructing on site a bespoke timber structure to house all the refuge bins. Further updates to follow with pictures once completed
- Our Grounds Maintenance division continues to grow with an additional site under contract and a further three contract renewals which showcases our endeavours to be the contract or choice for our clients
In other news we attended the opening of Great Bourton Community Hall which was constructed by Hayfield Homes as part of their development, Hayfield Views. Mark Booth, the MD of Hayfield Homes handed over the keys to the Parish Council and was a well-received gift to the community of Great Bourton.