Open spaces have increasingly become an integral part of new build projects and regularly form the heart of a new development. At PGE Landscaping we understand the importance of ensuring the successful implementation of these areas and the positive impact it has on its occupants, residents and the wider community.
We like to commence the process with an on-site assessment and consultation with the client, in order to establish information and agree the most practical solution for numerous key aspects, including:
- Formalise a time / build schedule
- Discuss accessibility and operational suitability for plant machinery
- Assess the quality of the soil to be used and to ascertain the suitability for the location, stone content and if the specified seed is suitable
- Discuss any provisions for watering of the areas, if required
- Establish whether a herbicide treatment programme is required prior to the start date
- Gradients of balancing ponds or even slopes are formed as per the technical drawings
- The areas are suitable to accommodate the quantities of trees and planting beds specified and that the areas are not overcrowded or sparse after the planting programme
With our own dedicated teams and plant machinery, we guarantee our open space projects achieve the highest standards. Ecological features can be constructed and installed by our highly skilled team. This minimises the impact of the development on the local eco system and encouraging wildlife to thrive.
Our seed is of the highest quality and includes amenity, wild meadow, wetland and other specialist varieties that ensures we meet every requirement. We work closely with leading UK manufacturers and installers of play and fitness equipment.
Our highly experienced Contract Managers will operate to either your or the local councils design. Alternatively we are able assist you in the design of the play area where British and European Safety Standards are met or exceeded. Our in-house Grounds Maintenance teams can manage your Open Spaces alongside the site maintenance to ensure high standards are achieved throughout the development and beyond.
We offer a one off visit or can setup a maintenance contract where we will manage the area. For more information please visit out Grounds Maintenance page.